Our privacy statement tells you how we use the information collected on the website.
Our privacy statement
- making sure your information is kept private
- holding all personal information in a way that complies with the Privacy Act 1993 and any other applicable privacy legislation.
Your personal information is covered by our privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time, with or without notice to you. All such changes come into effect when we update the privacy statement page on the website. You agree to check the privacy statement when you access the website, and to be bound by the privacy statement that is in effect at the time that you access the website.
Collecting, using, and retaining personal information
- to administer your account, for checking your user identity, processing your results and delivering the results to you
- to protect our rights, property or safety and the integrity of the website
- to communicate with you about our goods and services from time to time.
We may also combine your information with information from other users (in a form that hides your identity) to:
- monitor if SPARX is effective
- generate an overall view of who uses the website
- conduct further mental health research and analyse trends and demographics to help us improve our services
- carry out our internal business operations, including fulfilling our legal requirements, quality assurance and management
- to collect statistics and data on website usage to enable us to develop, market, or improve our website and related offerings.
The only person who can access this information is the database administrator(s).
The email address and/or mobile number you provide will be encrypted. This means a 'secret code' is used to send and receive this information so that your identity is protected.
If we report on the website and SPARX, we will report in a way that does not reveal your user identity unless we obtain your written approval. This includes reports to our funders.
We will hold all personal information collected through the website according to the requirements set out in the Privacy Act 1993.
We will use personal information only for the purposes for which it is collected. We will keep personal information only for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected, or we legally have to or we have to under the terms of our contract.
We will not release personal information about you to any third party except:
- where the law requires or permits us to do so
- where you have authorised us to do so
- where you provide a personal and/or clinical query we will forward it to Youthline and Lifeline so they can provide you with advice and/or counselling support.
- where you provide a 1st level technical query, a personal and/or clinical query via email, text, the SPARX Facebook page or the website contact form we will forward it to the Lowdown/ Depression.org.nz (Homecare Medical) so they can provide you with advice and/or counselling support.
We will not sell or rent out your personal information to third parties under any circumstances.
You can ask us to edit or delete personal information
We have no control over third-party links and their privacy policies